2020 Summer Reading: Books on My Shelf
Some of us are gently rediscovering our love for reading this year and it shows!
Here is a short list of items I have been digging into this summer. Some new, some old, a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Enjoy!
As a kid, nothing made me happier than staying up late with a flashlight and a book. It was common for me to sit on the floor digging through almanacs, encyclopedias and nerding out about random information; this was the curiousity of a scorpio child with no clickhole internet. My aunt would see me running to her house with my favorite book in hand and lock up the doors, because she’d never get me to leave otherwise. I’d ask anyone and everyone to read to me, until I learned to read for myself. I loved books, they taught me so much and I loved learning!
Something happens when you end up going to college. You read mass amounts of material, which can pull the fun out of reading. But this year I rediscovered it as fun! Today, I keep the horror on the shelf and am a nonfiction girl through and through (the world is interesting enough). I love learning and researching topics that help me connect to larger thought. Below are the names of some treasures I’d like to share with you. Enjoy!
2020 Summer Reading List
- Working with Your Chakras by Ruth White – I have an OLD version of this, but I still crack it open!
- New Moon Astrology by Jan Spiller – A MUST for anyone interested in using positive affirmations!
- Cherishx.Abolish – Compilation Piece – Check out the section on the programs that the Black Panthers offered, a fascinating glimpse at what real change could look like. Social justice work is spiritual work!
- Basic Psychic Development by John Friedlander – My psychic mentor used the techniques in this book to teach me, and I find it useful as a guide for those looking to fine tune intuitive skills.
- Tarot for Troubled Times by Shaheen Miro, Theresa Reed – A great tool for self-exploration or personal development.
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo – It’s important to have conversations with our loved ones about race more than ever. We have a lot of work to do before the general election in November, I invite you to educate yourself with this read, but most importantly take action afterwards!
- The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown
- Green Witchcraft by Paige Vanderbeck -I love the graphics in this book. Also, plants! Need I say more?
- Soy Harriet Tubman (Spanish) by Scholastic – Surprised to see this on my list? I’m learning Spanish and have to say that this book is amazing for youth, I learned so much that I couldn’t put it down.
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay C. GIbson – If your 2020 is all about healing ancestral traumas and becoming a cycle breaker for the next generation, this is a powerful tool.
Where to find your Summer 2020 Reading List?
Take some time to explore this list of black-owned bookstores and consider supporting these small businesses, instead of big box retailers, during this time. It is sorted by state, and there is a section at the bottom of bookstores that are solely online!
Yes! I am currently booking virtual sessions for psychic readings and psychic mentorship. Gift cards are also available. To stay up to date on happening in my world, sign up for my Meta Mail today!